||Brickner,J.H. & Fuller,R.S. (1997) SOI1 encodes a novel, conserved protein that promotes TGN-endosomal cycling of Kex2p and other membrane proteins by modulating the function of two TGN-localization signals, J.Cell Biol. 139:23-36.
Rockwell,N.C. & Fuller,R.S. (2001) Direct measurement of acylenzyme hydrolysis demonstrates rate-limiting deacylation in cleavage of physiological sequences by the processing protease Kex2, Biochem. 40:3657-3665.
Brickner,J.H., J.Blanchette, G.Sipos & R.S.Fuller (2001) The Tlg SNARE complex is required for TGN homotypic fusion, J.Cell Biol. 155:969-978.
Rockwell,N.D., Krysan, D.J., Komiyama,T. & Fuller,R.S. (2002) Precursor Processing by Kex2/furin Proteases. Chem. Revs. 102:4525-4548.
Holyoak,T., Wilson,M.A., Fenn,T.D., Petsko,G.A., Fuller,R.S., & Ringe,D. (2003) The 2.4 Ĺ crystal structure of the processing protease Kex2 in complex with an Ala-Lys-Arg boronic acid inhibitor, Biochemistry, 42:6709-6718.
Blanchette, J.M., Abazeed, M.E. and R.S.Fuller. (2004) Cell-free reconstitution of transport from the trans-Golgi network to the late endosome/prevacuolar compartment, J. Biol. Chem. 279:48767-48773.
Holyoak, T., Kettner, C.A., Petsko, G.A., Fuller, R.S., and Ringe, D. (2004) The structural basis for differences in substrate selectivity in Kex2 and Furin protein convertases, Biochemistry, 43:2412-2421.
||1. Sipos, G., Brickner, J.H., Brace, E.J., Chen, L., Rambourg, A., Kepes, F. and Fuller, R.S. (2004) Soi3/Rav1p functions at the early endosome to regulate endocytic trafficking to the vacuole and localization of TGN transmembrane proteins, Molec. Biol. Cell. 15:3196–3209.
2. Abazeed, M.E., Blanchette, J.M. and R.S. Fuller (2005) Cell-free Reconstitution of Transport from the TGN to the Late Endosome requires factors involved in formation and consumption of clathrin-coated vesicles, J. Biol. Chem., 280:4442-4450. (Epub: Nov. 2004; 10.1074/jbc.M412553200).
3. Komiyama, T., Swanson, J.A., and R.S.Fuller. (2005) Protection from Anthrax Toxin-Mediated Killing of Macrophages by the Combined Effects of Furin Inhibitors and Chloroquine, Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 49:3875-3882.
4. Brace, E.J, Parkinson, L.A. and R.S. Fuller. (2006) Skp1p regulates Soi3p/Rav1p Association with Endosomal Membranes, but is not Required for V-ATPase Assembly, Eukaryotic Cell, 5:2104-13.
5. Abazeed, M.E. and R.S. Fuller. (2008) Yeast Golgi-localized, gamma-Ear-containing, ADP-ribosylation factor-binding proteins are but adaptor protein-1 is not required for cell-free transport of membrane proteins from the trans-Golgi network to the prevacuolar compartment. Mol Biol Cell 19:4826-4836.
6. Komiyama T., Coppola J.M., Larsen M.J., van Dort M.E., Ross B.D., Day R., Rehemtulla A., and Fuller R.S. (2009) Inhibition of furin/PC-catalyzed surface and intracellular processing by small molecules. J. Biol. Chem. 284:15729-15738.
7. Ritchie HH, Yee CT, Tang XN, Dong Z, Fuller RS. DSP-PP precursor protein cleavage by tolloid-related-1 protein and by bone morphogenetic protein-1. PLoS One. 2012;7(7):e41110. PubMed PMID: 22815932; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3398931.
8. De M, Abazeed ME, Fuller RS. Direct binding of the Kex2p cytosolic tail to the VHS domain of yeast Gga2p facilitates TGN to prevacuolar compartment transport and is regulated by phosphorylation. Mol Biol Cell. 2013 Feb;24(4):495-509. PubMed PMID: 23408788; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3571872.
9. Yang RT, Lim GL, Dong Z, Lee AM, Yee CT, Fuller RS, Ritchie HH. The efficiency of dentin sialoprotein-phosphophoryn processing is affected by mutations both flanking and distant from the cleavage site. J Biol Chem. 2013 Feb 22;288(8):6024-33. PubMed PMID: 23297400; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3581424.